Following the construction industry and related legal topics in the United States.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Are you an additional insured? Do you want to be?

Are you covered? Make sure to properly require, within the body of your agreements, that you be named as an additional insured on your contractor's policy. Being named in the Certificate of Insurance alone may just not be enough. See St. Paul Fire and Marine Ins. Co. v. Tip Top Builders, Inc., 2006 WL 1234922 (N.D. Ill. May 5, 2006), as noted in the Construction Channel. The requirements noted in the Subcontractor's CGL policy are quite common. Thus, if you want the coverage, it needs to be addressed in the contract. (Today's entry was published by John Springer of Womble Carlyle's construction and real estate group.)


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home